How RF XL can Profitably Produce Oil Sands and Heavy Oil with Low Environmental Impacts
The oil industry is seeking innovative methods to produce oil sands and heavy oil deposits at a profit, and with significantly less environmental impact than steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), cyclic steam stimulation (CSS), or surface mining. To address this need, Acceleware Ltd. is developing a unique radio frequency (RF) heating technology, called RF XL, which is a materially new approach to mobilize heavy oil and bitumen that uses radio waves rather than steam.
- Executive Summary
- Introduction: What Business Needs does RF XL address?
- How RF Energy Can Generate Heat in the Sub-surface
- How Does RF XL Differ from Typical RF Heating?
- Technological Advantages of RF XL
- How RF XL compares to other EOR methods
- RF XL Oil Sands Simulation Scenario
- Economic Impact
- Environmental Impact
- Why it will work
- Commercial Scale Pilot Test and Commercialization Path