Want to work with an innovator of transformative clean-tech enhanced oil recovery technology?
Reservoir Understanding and Performance Forecasting
- Development of a strong understanding of the application of RF technology in heavy oil and oil sands reservoirs.
- Use a range of tools and data sets to optimize performance expectations including; CMG STARS simulation software coupled with Acceleware’s AxHeat software, analytical models and operational information.
- Support active and prospective projects for both the Engineering and Business Development teams including; research and testing, economic and operational analysis to further enhance our technical understanding of RF applications and support of commercialization.
- Development and continual refinement of simulation methodology and analytical tools to provide greater understanding of reservoir performance in a variety of fields, working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Development of technical reports and presentations to capture findings from reservoir analysis and optimization
- Working with Electrical Engineering team to assess reservoir response (real time data) to provide advice on well operations (pressure, temperature management)
- Assist with subsurface and surface design requirements for pilot projects
- Troubleshooting during operations through analytical and simulation modeling of reservoir outputs vs. expectations
- Conduct activities of History Matching of real field results to adjust the predictive models and refine the predicted performance.
Communication and Regulatory Support
- Provide technical input for regulatory applications, including annual reporting and project applications
- Presentation of technical results to external and internal stakeholders
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- 5-10 years of experience working on thermal reservoir development (operational & reservoir focused)
- 3-5 years STARS simulation experience, AxHeat software training will be provide
- Geomodelingbackground an asset
- Knowledge of economic modelling and analysis related to reservoir performance
- Experience working in innovation and new technology an asset
- Communicates well and ability towork with internal and external stakeholders to explain how technology works and influence of reservoir and geological properties
What Acceleware has to offer:
- A hands-on learning opportunity
- Exciting role in the advancement of a game changing technology, to drive responsible and cost-effective resource development, resulting in a cleaner brand of energy
- A safe, fun and diverse work environment with the following core values:
- Passionate about the democratization of clean energy
- Accelerating progress, together
- Results driven innovation
- Thinking outside the box
- Competitive salary and benefits program
- This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering